Friday, July 28, 2023

Christmas In July 2023-Part 28

So close to the end now, I think I can smell it. Another ten tracks today, including some that I'm sure will make the best of. I don't want to spoil it for you by telling you which ones those are, but I'm sure you can figure it out. Here's the list, give it a once over, or just download it without peeking.

1. State Radio Orchestra Of The U.S.S.R.-Conducted By Samuel Samosud-Children's Chorus Under Direction Of V. Sokolov-Winter Holiday (Children's Suite): Departure
2. The Vanguard Singers-Here We Go A-Caroling
3. Jenny Michaels, Vocals & Guitar With Rhythm Band-Snowflakes
4. The Ringing Belles-Rachael Kuivinen, Director-Masters In This Hall
5. Sy Mann At The Lowrey-Winter Wonderland
6. Diane Leslie-Christmas Song
7. Jerry Murad's Harmonicats-Nutcracker Suite
8. Iroquois Junior Public School Primary & Senior Choirs, Choir Director-Shirley Munroe-O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles)
9. Stanley Holloway-Arranged And Conducted By Arthur Lief-Sam's Christmas Pudding
10. Popular Photography-Skis On Snow

Good stuff I tell you!

MEGA

11 comments:

  1. Is the Popular Photography item from a promo disk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's a series (3, I think) of music for your slide shows. Pretty sure I did a Christmas medley from a different volume a year or two ago. There's a third one out there somewhere that's on my want list, but I don't know if there's anything essential on it.

      Delete
    2. I recall that people did invite guests over to watch a carousel of their travel slides. Not sure that my idea of entertainment is looking at scenes from someone else's skiing trip.

      Delete
    3. I doubt if anyone enjoyed it, but a lot of people seemed to do it. :)

      Delete
  2. Great stuff! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Harmonicats take on the Nutcracker Suite to add to their scant Christmas discography! Jerry, Al, and Don really go to town on this one. From the period when Producer Ernie Altschuler used only the sound of the three harmonicas and no additional instruments when the trio was on Columbia Records. Will be looking for this one for sure! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a full Harmonicats Christmas record would be the cat's meow, so to speak. That much-later Don Les album doesn't count.

      Delete
  4. The Sy Mann "Winter Wonderland" is very much in the style of Ken Griffin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. may i ask, what is the origin of the Sy Mann "Winter Wonderland"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sy Mann track is from his Golden Crest LP "Songs Of The Four Seasons" from 1957. I used to type all that into the post, but I got lazy. But it's in the track tag if you download the files. I don't see that LP listed at Discogs, though there is a promo EP that features the track. https://www.discogs.com/release/6728586-Sy-Mann-Songs-Of-The-Four-Seasons

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...