Saturday, January 15, 2022

2022 At 78 RPM-Week 3

Welcome back to the continuing series of 78 RPM Christmas records here in 2022.  It's been a particularly trying week here at the homestead, but I'm not letting that stop me from posting these great records, care of The Internet Archive. They've graciously provided the recordings of these records to all, and I'm just cleaning them up a little bit and sharing them with y'all in little curated batches. Well, I say they're curated, but they're really just random collections of records that I happen to have finished tagging. But they're still nice collections. I've been doing this for three weeks now, and if you don't have them, you can find the previous two weeks here and here. If you've got the previous downloads already, then you know exactly the type of fun music you can expect to hear.  Have a look at the labels to see what you're going to get in the download and have at it!

MEGA

PS-Just for future reference, I'm going to mention this here. I had a heart attack this past Sunday. A very mild heart attack, I should emphasize. I had some troubling symptoms while at the grocery store, so I finished shopping, took home the groceries and went to the ER. Sure enough, about 6 hours later they told me the markers were in my blood indicating a heart attack. Next day they put a stent into an artery that was 99% blocked, and the day after that I came home. Heart care is very different than it was a few years ago. With proper care, it's certainly not a death sentence. Now, if I can just give up salt and red meat...

Edit-4 Jan 2023-Added tracklist for searching.

1. Cedric Adams, Freddie Bradish-Organist-A Visit From St. Nicholas
2. The Beverly Sisters With Orchestra Under Alyn Ainsworth-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
3. Sergei Rachmaninoff-Piano Solo-Troïka En Traineaux (In A Three-Horse Sleigh)
4. Vocal By Charlie Dobson-Music By Tony de Simone-How Many Days Till Christmas
5. George Wright At The New York Paramount Theatre Organ-Little Town Of Bethlehem
6. Herb Kern And His Pan-Pacific Orchestra-Loveland In Wintertime
7. Johnny Curtis-Frosty The Snowman
8. Arturo Toscanini And The NBC Symphony Orchestra-The Skaters Waltz (Part 1)
9. Arturo Toscanini And The NBC Symphony Orchestra-The Skaters Waltz (Concluded)
10. Korla Pandit-Joy To The World










26 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your heart attack...and worse yet giving up salt and red meat! Noooooooo!!!!!
    And yet, you still had time to post more of these great 78s. Thank you and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie,
    Sorry to hear what you went through- I'm glad you are home and recovering. Feel better, and thank you for these recordings ! - Steve in PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you are recovering! Thanks for these gems, quite an interesting collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ernie, sorry to hear about your health issue, but I am thankful that you are recovering nicely. Amazing what can be done today in medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn Ernie! glad you are okay! hang in there and take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ernie--thanks for your continued efforts. I'm glad you're recovering--take care!

    ReplyDelete

  7. Everyone else has already said all I could say. We need you here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here I was going to send in the usual comment thanking you for mining the seemingly endless Internet Archive treasure chest so we didn’t have to… Glad to learn you took the symptoms seriously, a lot of people don’t, and that you got the issue addressed pronto. Cutting out all salt and meat’s a tall order, but no doubt the more you can the better the prognosis. Pulling for you Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you're doing okay, Ernie! Good luck with adapting the diet in the new year, and wishing you continuing health and gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ernie.

    I am glad you are Ok. Thanks for the records and you take care.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mr Ernie.
    I don't comment often here (wrote to you once about a Xmas 45 rpm I found... anyway).
    It's worth it to wish you well !

    Take Care.
    Patrick, Montreal, Quebec

    ReplyDelete
  12. As someone whose cardiologist just put on blood thinners because of Atrial Fibrillation, my breakable heart goes out to you. And that you still are posting is enheartening, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, noes! Glad you got such swift treatment. It's true, medical science has made huge strides, but we (including me) have to also do our parts to stay healthy. Which my own cardiologist has not always been happy with my ability to do. Good luck going forward, and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've spent my entire professional life in health systems across the country and what is being done now in cardiac care is ridiculous. Cutting out the red meat and salt would be brutal for me, yet that's part of the right prescription, Ernie. I am very glad to hear you are fine and that the procedure was a success. Thank you for all you have done to keep my passion for Christmas music alive since my mother passed. Take care, Badgercat Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about your experience, but happy that the prognosis is so positive. And no Christmas is complete without Record-O-Mail offerings! Re low-salt diets, those are tough to manage in these days when food products are salted to the max...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was sorry to read of your 'episode'. Stay the course.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear you are okay. My wife watches what we eat. I have 2 stents. The last one the doctor told me they used the industrial size. We have avoided red meat and after awhile you don't miss it. We watch the sodium on everything going in the shopping cart. I'm turning 80 and celebrating our 50th anniversary this year so we are careful. We'll keep you in our prayers that you stay well.

    AZJohn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you all for the kind words. I'm doing very well, just struggling with finding healthy things to eat, especially at lunch when I used to run out and grab some fast food. I'm sure things will get better. I'd love to drink some caffeine and put salt on some french fries, but I'm trying not to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fast-food places use salt in place of quality. It is difficult to find fast food that isn't impossibly salty. One of the only item that come to mind is the veggie sandwich at Subway. They haven't thought of a way to infuse salt into cucumbers and lettuce.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, French Fries...I miss you most of all. I could shoot you a recipe for (saltless) homemade chicken soup, but it's pretty much an all day or two day process and chopping the veggies can be tedious if you do it by hand (as I do).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Man! Dude! You look your challenges in the eye, the horse bucks you off, and you get right back on! Take care, Ernie. Be well. Stay safe. Thanks for all the tunes and the work you do with polishing them up for us. I am grateful, and I'm sure that everyone else is, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry to hear of your health issue. I had a couple of mini-strokes in my late 50s - and it was a real wake-up call - now eating smaller portion sizes and trying to walk longer distances. I hope you never give up blogging; I look forwards to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ernie,
    Hang in there. I had to give up a lot of great food (pizza, potatoes, cheese danish, pasta, etc. etc. etc.) Glad you are well. Thanks for the years of internet friendship.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you are better after your heart event. Be well and remain active!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing well, thanks, a year and a bit later. Still eating right, but probably not exercising enough. Doc is very happy with my progress though. I still miss cheeseburgers and french fries...

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...