Saturday, August 07, 2021

CiJ 2021-Part 12 (In August)

 Found a couple more records today with Christmas tracks on them, so the barrel isn't quite as empty as it was. Here are five more tracks for the collection this year.

1. Boxing Day by Ronnie Gilbert from Alone With Ronnie Gilbert (Mercury MG 20917 For Broadcast Only Not For Sale, Mono, 1964). This is the second track from this LP, and after I shared it, Buster pointed out that Ronnie was a member of The Weavers. I think I need to research my shares a little better, I had no idea who she was.

2. Jingle Bells Imitations by Bobby Rydell & Chubby Checker-Orchestra Conducted By Dave Appell from Bobby Rydell/Chubby Checker (Cameo C 1013, Mono, 1960). This is the third and last holiday-related track from this album, and I think it's my favorite. They really have a good time with it.

3. The Great Snow Man by Bobby Bare And The Hillsiders from The English Country Side (RCA Victor LSP-3896, Stereo, 1967). I saw this record yesterday and thought it was a stereo upgrade of something I had shared before. Turns out my share of a couple years ago was also in stereo, so this is pretty much useless. Enjoy!

4. Baby, It's Cold Outside by The John Parker Orchestra from Conversations In Music (Medallion (Kapp) MS-7504, Stereo, 1960). From one of those super stereo demonstration LPs that were popular at the time.

5. Sleighride by Pete King And His Orchestra from Shipstads & Johnson Ice Follies Of 1967-31st Edition (Dot SLP 25757, Stereo, 1967). Again, the third, final and probably best song from the LP.

And that's it for tonight. More tomorrow, I promise.

MEGA

2 comments:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...