Saturday, July 04, 2020

Nutcracker In July 04

It's still July 4th out there, so how about another version of The Nutcracker Suite.  Nutcracker, firecracker, close enough.  Today's version is by Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra-Odd Grüner-Hegge, Conductor and is from the LP Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker Suite/1812 Overture/Marche Slave (RCA Camden CAS-630, Stereo, 1962).  This is the budget arm of the mighty RCA Victor, but I think it's still a nice version. Enjoy, and see you later tonight for more Christmas in July fun!

3 comments:

  1. Another one I don't know. So far the only one I have heard before (because I have the record) is the Rodzinski.

    I'm much enjoying this series, even if no one else is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there will be more in the series you already have, but hopefully plenty that are new to you. Glad you appreciate them, they all sound too similar for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is pretty good, too, although he takes the Russian Dance much too fast.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...