Monday, January 20, 2020

Pure Imagination

Well, the Christmas post from last night has so far generated exactly zero comments. I'm going to take that as a sign that Christmas music fatigue has finally begun to set in among my visitors.  But that's OK, I've only got a few more records in my folder to share, and then the season will be over until July.  Tonight you get the only 12" single of the season (except for a repost earlier), unless I'm forgetting something, but I can't remember any others. I wasn't sure if this was something I would share or not, but I decided why not?  When else are you going to see a 12" single from the Virgin Islands? And there is an ad for Datsun on the back, among other things.  That's gotta be worth a few cool points. I can't tell you a single thing about the artist or the music here, but it is what it is.  And what it is is The Imaginations Featuring Sifu-Santa Send Me (Calypso Records 12" 45 RPM IMA-103, Stereo, 1982).

1. Santa Send Me
2. Merry Xmas Rub A Dub Style

MEGA

7 comments:

  1. Ernie, fret not! Your Christmas shares are always great, commented on or not!

    Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for all of the shares Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here for "Merry Xmas Rub a Dub Style."

    I probably should listen before commenting, but the title "Santa Send Me" seems to require a a completion such as "to Paris," "a Hippopotamus" (cf. Gayla Peevey) or "Beer." Alternatively, to convey the notion that singer is infatuated with someone else (e.g., "You Send Me"), it would need to be titled, "Santa Sends Me" so that the subject and verb agree.

    Just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I've listened and learned that in Jamaica the past tense of "send" is apparently "send."

    Very amusing records, actually, although in the grand 12-inch single tradition, about twice as long as they should be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If all it takes is a comment to keep these treasures coming, I'll thank you everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "but I decided why not?"
    Sure glad you did!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. And now for something completely different! :D
    Some fresh sounding Christmas songs here, thank you for sharing Ernie.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...