Sunday, July 29, 2018

Christmas In July 2018-Day 27

Whew, long day, and I haven't done a thing.  There are only a few days left in the month but I'm running out of songs to share.  I've got plenty of records still sitting here, I just haven't had time to record enough stuff.  Going to have to figure something out.  Anyhow, I've got another ten tracks for you here, so let's see what's what.

1. Holiday For Bass by Charles Magnante from Charles Magnante Plays The Accordion (Award Artist Series (Grand Award) AAS-707, Mono, 1958).  Probably not the type of holiday we celebrate around here, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

2. Jungle Holiday by Tito Puente from Tambó (RCA Victor LPM-2257, Mono, 1960).  Still the wrong holiday, but good stuff!

3. Bring A Torch, Jeanette Isabella by Chamber Singers-Robert Summer, Conductor, from the LP University Of South Florida Chamber Singers And University Singers (Suncoast Recording Service KM 4471, Stereo, 1979). How many tracks are on this record?

4. Jingle Bells by Danny Kaye-Conducted By Leith Stevens from the soundtrack to the movie The Five Pennies (Dot DLP 29500, Stereo, 1959).  This is the story of Red Nichols, who's band was called The Five Pennies, but you probably knew that.

5. Joy To The World by First United Methodist Church, Cullman, Alabama-Sanctuary Choir, from A Celebration In Song (Prestige 80-157, Stereo, 1981). Another record with a million tracks...

6. Nutty by The Ventures from Where The Action Is (Dolton BST-8040, Stereo, 1965).  This is technically a Nutcracker track, but it's also The Ventures version of B. BUmble & The Stingers Nutrocker.  Good stuff!

7. Put A Little Love In Your Heart by Donna Rhodes from I See Love (Epic E 30136, Stereo, 1971).  This woman must have had connections, the liner notes were penned by Sam Phillips!

8.-10.  The rest is Nutcracker tracks proper.  However, there's a new series I started by Dominic Frontiere that's the whole suite done on accordion!  It's sweet!  Give it a listen!

Well, that's the list, but my internet seems to have just gone down.  Hopefully I can get this posted later on if it comes back up.  I can't even upload the tracks at the moment.  I told you it was a rough day...

Zippyshare

4 comments:

  1. Well, I am not keen on organs or harmonicas, but I am keen on accordions, and this collection seems to have four juicy tracks of the squeeze box! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that sometimes I have to show I can recognize road signs? Is this the Florida DMV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accordion Christmas...Woowzers! Look forward to the remaining tracks, Big Ern!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...