Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hoodie


Here. Don't say I never gave you a picture of a hooded merganser. At least I think that's what this was. I spotted a couple of them in the retention pond of a movie theater near my condo, so I whipped out the camera and took a couple of shots. The light was fading fast, and the puffy-headed ducks were paddling fast to get away from me and my camera. I got off a few shots and this was the best one. There are so many different types of ducks out there, I can't even pretend to be able to identify them all. If anyone out there can tell me if I'm correct in my identification, I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, my duck identification skills are lacking. His markings are incredible even as he was trying to avoid the camera. Well done. If you ever really want to ID a bird, you can send a photo to the local chapter of the Audubon Society.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...