Monday, September 05, 2005

Flyboy


I've pretty much wasted my day off work today. It's almost 9 pm, and I haven't posted anything to my blog all day, not even a doodle. I don't know if I'm going to be able to find one between now and bedtime, either. I recorded some Christmas music and posted it over at FaLaLaLaLa, if you're interested, though. Lots of organ stuff. Just you wait until Christmas rolls around, this place is going to be Christmas tune central! But for today, for you, all I have is the late, great Jimmy Stewart. I found this soundtrack today, Franz Waxman-The Spirit Of St. Louis (RCA Victor LPM-1472, 1957), with a great picture of Jimmy as Charles Lindbergh. I've never seen the movie, but now I might have to catch it next time it shows up on TCM or somewhere. It was directed by Billy Wilder, who made some of those great movies from the late 50's and early 60's, some of them with Marilyn Monroe. But all I can hope is that the Lindbergh movie is more historically accurate than the cover shot on this LP. Look at the cover again. See those cars behind the plane? Those are 1950's cars, not 1920's or 30's cars. Whoopsie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...