Thursday, December 21, 2023

Warm Christmas

This record came as a bit of a surprise as it's quite good and made me want to listen to it more than a few times. I believe this was created by an ad agency in Dallas for a radio station there, and it was designed to perfectly match their Beautiful Music format. I think they hit the nail on the head and this LP can stand up beside any of the music that was popular in that format. There's even one original song here that will be a welcome addition to the canon. This style of music is not for everyone, but if you're a fan, don't miss this. Please download and enjoy Bob Piper, Direction-Associate Singers Under Direction Of Jackie Dickson-Members Of The Dallas Symphony Orchestra-The Warm Sounds Of Christmas (Toby Arnold And Associates 610x33, Stereo, 1976).

1. Deck The Hall
2. Silent Night
3. Jingle Bells
4. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
5. Up On The House Top
6. The Warm Sounds Of Christmas
7. Joy To The World
8. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
9. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
10. Away In A Manger
11. O Come All Ye Faithful
12. Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
13. Christmas Bells

MEGA

12 comments:

  1. I won't get to dig in to all of your shares until after Christmas but I cheated and listened to this one this morning and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time I checked, I think I was sharing about eight straight days of music, so that's all you need to budget. :)

      Delete
  2. Jackie Dickson was perhaps the greatest, certainly one of the most prolific, radio jingle singers of all time. Many millions have heard her voice but do not know her name. RIP Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that! Thanks for the info. Clearly I need to up my Google game when I'm working on these posts.

      Delete
  3. THIS is my kind of stuff--sweet and cheesy 60s/70s stuff.

    The label says STEREO and, given the date, I assumed it would be, but this is definitely MONO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about you when I discovered this, figured it would be up your alley.

      I pulled up the original rip and I can see different noise in the L and R channels, so if it's mono, that's what's pressed into the grooves. :(

      Delete
    2. I checked out a couple tracks and played around. There seems to be a bit of separation in some of the tracks but it appears very minor. Kind of weird.

      If you're going to go stereo, go stereo.

      Delete
    3. Being made by folks from radio, I imagine they didn't care too much about stereo separation, but maybe it's just a mastering error. We may never know.

      Delete
    4. "Sweet and cheesy 60s/70s stuff" sound right up my alley as well. Thanks Ernie!

      Delete
  4. This one is definitely going on my 'test rotation', that said I had to look up what 'Beautiful Music' was as a genre first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you don't know what Beautiful Music was/is, then you may not appreciate it, but give it a try. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...