Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Military Madness 2

From that last Army share, let's head over to the US Air Force and see what they have to offer. If I were ever to enlist in a branch of the armed services, I think it would be the Air Force. Anyone who has ever been to a military airshow will know what I mean when I say it's impressive. I'm sure the other branches have their toys (and yes, I know both the Marines and the Navy also have planes), but man, those jets are impressive. A military career was not in the cards for me though, and I'm too old now to worry about it. I remember a time in college as I sat on the floor doing homework and watching the US invade Kuwait, I sure was glad that I'd blown off all those recruiters who called me after I took the ASVAB,  All of that is just preamble to the share I have here for you. It's another nice record from the musical folks in our nation's military. This is The United States Air Force Symphony Orchestra-Deck The Halls (Department Of The Air Force BOL-8808R, Stereo, 1988). Huh, this record was issued the same year as I would have entered the military after graduating high school. Strange coincidence.

1. Deck The Halls
2. A Festival Of Alfred Burt Carols: O Hearken Ye; All On A Christmas Morning; Some Children See Him; We'll Dress The House; Ah, Bleak And Chill The Wintry Wind; Bright, Bright The Holly Berries; Jesu Parvule; Caroling; The Star Carol; Come, Dear Children
3. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
4. We Three Kings
5. Do You Hear What I Hear?
6. Christmas Favorites: It's Beginning To Lool A Lot Like Christmas; Silver Bells; The Christmas Song
7. March Of The Toys From "Babes In Toyland"
8. Christmas Memories: Frosty The Snowman; Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town; Here Comes Santa Claus; I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus; Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
9. A Christmas Festival: Joy To The World; Deck The Halls; God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; Good King Wenceslas; Hark The Herald Angels Sing; Silent Night; Jingle Bells; O Come, All Ye Faithful

MEGA

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...