Sunday, December 17, 2023

A Plunkett Mystery

Here's another light jazz record to follow up on that last record, but this time there's a bit of a mystery. I found this record last year in a record store. A little further down the stack was a record that looked almost exactly the same only with slightly different credits. The first record was credited to Patrick Plunkett and the second one was credited to The Plunketts. I thought this was pretty odd. The credits for both records were the same (and didn't feature any other people named Plunkett, oddly enough), so of course I had to buy them both and compare. They are identical. Why they changed the artist credit at some point is beyond me. Perhaps it was a contractual issue. We may never know. But we have a nice selection of Christmas music, including one Hawaiian-themed track that I thought was really good. This is Patrick Plunkett (AKA The Plunketts)-Jazz Christmas (Noran Records NRLP-001, Stereo).

1. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
2. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
3. Winter Wonderland
4. The Hawaiian Christmas Song
5. The Little Drummer Boy
6. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
7. Silent Night
8. We Wish You A Merry Christmas

MEGA

5 comments:

  1. The mystery thickens: I am 98% sure I’ve seen another album with the cover that had an artist that was not named Plunkett. I’ll take a look in my files after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your pal Laurie who can’t remember to put her name on the comment.

      Delete
  2. Hey, how 'bout that? A record I actually own. (Mine is the plural Plunketts)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...