Friday, December 22, 2023

Cana-Day, Part 10

The final record in the organ portion of our Canadian content day, as well as the final record I have from Lucien Hetu is up now. We're moving on into the 70's here, as you can tell by the fashion on display on the cover. The music is still everything you could want it to be. This is Lucien Hétu-Un Noël d'Amour (RCA Gala (Canada) CGPS-391, Stereo, 1972). I do have one more of his records, but it's a two-fer that combines two of the records I've already shared. I didn't figure it was worth the effort on that one, so I just skipped it.

1. Jingle Bell Rock
2. Noel De L'Ouest (Out Of The East)
3. Parade Des Soldats De Bois (Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers)
4. The Christmas Song
5. Jolly Old St. Nicholas
6. Le Sentier De Neige
7. Les Douze Coups de Noël (The Twelve Days Of Christmas)
8. My Favorite Things
9. Les Voix De Noel (Do You Hear What I Hear)
10. Un Noel D'Amour

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea there was a third record from the seventies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ernie. From what I can tell, there is at least 5 Christmas albums, by Lucien Lucien Hétu - with some repeats. At least, I have 5. The more Organ music I can get, the better :)
    Again, you are so awesome!
    Now, most Western Canadians would say French Canadians are actually Canadiens - to differentiate. But, you do know that us Westerners are generally very independent, and etc... ;) I actually can't speak French fluently, beyond saying Jus de Pomme, translated as Apple Juice. Beyond that, I am lost. I probably actually understand more of the First Nations language, Cree :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's a weird situation having so many languages spoken in a country. Though I suspect the US is headed that way with Spanish. But we've been in similar situations before with lots of immigrants, and we've handled it with aplomb, eventually. I hope the same is true in modern times.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...