Thursday, December 21, 2023

Listen To The Birdies

Headed south of the border now, way south in fact, all the way down to Ecuador! I've never been to Ecuador, but my fiancee lived there with her family when she was a child and had some fond memories of the place. She said this music didn't bring back any memories though, so I don't know if it's authentic or not. It's certainly interesting as it prominently features one of those little bird whistles you had as a kid, the kind you filled with water then blew into the pipe and it tweeted like a bird. You'll know it when you hear it, and you'll hear it again and again and again. The cover was wrapped in plastic in such a way that I couldn't remove it without destroying it, so I just scanned right through it and cleaned it up as best I could. It's not perfect, but then none of my scans ever are. At least this time I have an excuse. For your late night listening pleasure, this is Los Pibes Trujillo-Arreglos y Direccion De Segundo Bautista-Dulce Jesús Mío... (Onix (Ecuador) 50039, Stereo, 1973).

1. Claveles Y Rosas
2. Ya Viene El Niñito
3. Entre Paja Y El Heno
4. Duerme Niño
5. Lindo Niño
6. Bienvenido Seas
7. No Se Niño Hermoso
8. Dulce Jesus Mio
9. Niño Si El Amor
10. Desde El Alto Cielo

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever heard Christmas music from Ecuador! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this Ernie! Beautiful album, with a sad backstory: The 3 brothers were in custody of their physically abusive uncle who beat them and forced them to perform. Seems like a lot of these songs were newly written at the time, but have since become Christmas cannon in Ecuador.
    - Steve in PA
    https://www.eltelegrafo.com.ec/noticias/septimo/1/los-pibes-trujillo-lloraban-mientras-cantaban-dulce-jesus-mio

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...