Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Christmas In The Caribbean Two

The last stop on our quick tour of the Caribbean is The Bahamas with this great record by The Cooling Waters. Don't know a thing about these guys but their record company is sloppy. If you compare my tracklisting with what's printed on the sleeve and the labels, you'll see that they don't match. There's even a track there in the grooves that isn't listed anywhere at all! I've named that one (Christmas Means Love) after the words in the chorus, so I may or may not be correct about that one. I think it's an enjoyable listen though, correct or not. Anyhow, this is The Cooling Waters-Christmas With The Cooling Waters (TSM Records Producers (Bahamas) CW005, Stereo). Enjoy!

1. Oh, Come All Ye Faithful
2. Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem
3. Away In A Manger
4. Christmas Means Love (Unlisted)
5. Merry Christmas
6. Joy Bells Are Ringing
7. It Came Upon Midnight
8. Jesus Came To Bring Peace
9. Mary's Boy Child
10. Silent Night (Instrumental)

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. Bahamanian Gospel? Love it! Some cool tracks on here. This group is really popular from what I can gather, with many videos of them online over the years. This Christmas album seems pretty rare. Thanks for broadening our horizons!
    - Steve in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaven knows when or where I got this, some things just turn up in the collection with no provenance.

      Delete
  2. Forgot to mention- "Christmas Means Love" is a highlight of the album!
    - Steve in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking maybe it was a later addition to the album, that's why it didn't make the cover or the labels. Perhaps there was a sticker on the plastic wrap at one time. Just a guess...

      Delete
  3. Being an Albertan Canadian... When I read "Cooling Waters"... my mind is drawn to the Winter Olympics of '88 in Calgary, Alberta - that had the bobsled team from Jamaica... that the movie "Cool Runnings" was made of. You know my crazy mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything Jamaican makes me think of that movie. The shot of them all walking (or not walking...) out of the airport into the cold is exactly how I react whenever I visit a cold climate from my warm sunny Florida home. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...