Thursday, December 21, 2023

Local Yokels

Time for another band with a connection to my locale. St. Petersburg is one of my nearby destinations when I go record hunting. They've got a few record stores and more thrift stores than you can shake a stick at, I almost always come back with something good when I spend some time there. And occasionally I'll find a bit of music that was actually made there like this record from a local boy's choir. This is not the first time we've heard from this group, I shared another one of their records with you back in 2019 (which seems to have a very similar title, oddly enough). I also know of at least one other Christmas record they released, but the record store that has it has put a fairly high price on it, so I'm gonna keep hunting the thrifts until I find a cheaper copy. I'm sure it's good stuff, but it ain't $20 good. Until then, this record will have to scratch your itch for some local choir singing. This is The St. Petersburg Boychoir-Christmas With The Boys (Century 25822, Mono). How about that stock cover image, eh? It had some serious issues I had to fix in that lower right corner. Still got a lot of issues in the white flocked pine needles, but I was able to get most of it cleaned up. Some sort of old scotch tape residue, I think, that had long ago turned brown.

1. A Ceremony Of Carols
2. Quempas Carol
3. March Of Three Kings
4. Hasten Swiftly
5. Thirty Two Feet And Eight Little Tails
6. Winter Wonderland
7. On Christmas Night
8. A New Year Carol
9. O Holy Night
10. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
11. Before The Paling Of The Stars
12. Carol Of The Drum
13. Jingle Bells
14. Silent Night
15. We Wish You A Merry Christmas

MEGA

5 comments:

  1. $20 for a local choir does seem a little steep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they figure some local will buy it for his mommy or something. But I can't believe the prices on new vinyl these days, it's getting ridiculous. :(

      Delete
  2. You did a great job on the cover! If I had the wall space some of those record ledges; I think it would be funny to have a whole wall of albums with the same stock image covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you tell that I've been up since 4 AM at work? But now I'm finished until after Christmas! That was supposed to say: if I had the wall space *I'd get* some of those record ledges.

      Delete
    2. Close enough for government work. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...