Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Military Madness 4

This is one of my most popular shares ever, and I'm bringing it back tonight in a fancy remaster for you. I can still remember finding this in a local Goodwill store that is long since gone. Records were way in the back of the store, I think in an area that wasn't even air conditioned. In the summer, you'd sweat a lot if they had too many to flip through. I'd head over after work once or twice a week to see what was new, and I was rarely disappointed. But this day was special and I came home with a very rare record for $0.99, plus tax. This record consists of two radio shows put together by the Air Force, side one features Sandler & Young (unlike that last share that just featured Sandler flying solo) and side two features a then-obscure group on Enoch Light's Project 3 label called The Free Design. If you know, then you know, I won't belabor how special this record is. Both pop groups appear with The Symphony In Blue from the USAF. First shared here back in 2012 and coming back tonight in a new remaster, this is The United States Air Force Presents A Christmas Party And The Now Sound Of Christmas (Advertising Division, Hq. U.S. Air Force No Number, Stereo, 1968).

1. It's Christmas Time All Over The World
2. Introduction
3. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
4. Intro To 'Silent Night'
5. Silent Night
6. Intro To 'Jingle Bells'
7. Jingle Bells
8. White Christmas
9. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
10. Intro To 'Carol For Another Christmas'
11. Carol For Another Christmas
12. Intro To 'Mr. Santa'
13. Mr. Santa
14. Intro To 'I Sing Noel'
15. I Sing Noel
16. Closing
17. It's Christmas Time All Over The World
18. Intro To 'The Now Sound Of Christmas'
19. The Now Sound Of Christmas
20. Intro
21. Proper Ornaments
22. Outro To 'The Proper Ornaments' + Intro To 'Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence'
23. Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
24. Intro to 'Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer'
25. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
26. Intro To 'Close Your Mouth'
27. Close Your Mouth
28. Intro To 'Christmas Is The Day'
29. Christmas Is The Day
30. Intro To 'Winter Wonderland'
31. Winter Wonderland
32. About The Now Sound Of Christmas
33. Shepherds And Wisemen (With Intro)
34. More Talk About Christmas
35. Outro + Reprise: The Now Sound Of Christmas

Since this was created as a radio show, there is no dead time between cuts. I've edited it into tracks as best I could, but there are still plenty of instances where you get talking over the music. So if you'd prefer, I'm offering a version of each show in it's entirety with no cuts, just all 25 minutes of each in one big file. Your choice.

MEGA (Tracks)

MEGA (Uncut)

I should mention some of the other records in this series, I think I have shared them all at this point. 

Jack Jones & Edward G. Robinson (1965)

Nancy Wilson, The Doodletown Pipers, Boris Karloff (1967)

Marilyn Maye & Skitch Henderson (1969)

I think that's all the ones that fit in with the one above, but there are plenty more, I need to do an exhaustive list some day. And what happened to 1966? Hmmm...

14 comments:

  1. Love this Ernie! Thanks for the remaster! The intros to the Free Design songs are excellent. Especially love "Close Your Mouth" . I borrowed their line in conversations during the pandemic: I got to know the people in my house, and turns out I liked them!
    -Steve in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They knew what they were doing back in the Sixties. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing!! Love this album. One day I'll find a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're out there! I'm hunting for the 45 promo record that was shown in Jingle Bell Rocks, supposed to have cleaner versions of some songs with less talking over them. A collector is never done. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks not only for the remaster but the two options. Love the Free Design spoken intros. What a lucky day finding this for a buck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned over the years to try and give options when I can. :)

      Delete
  4. I adore these. The year you posted the Marilyn Maye, I nearly fell out of my chair. Thanks so much for enriching my holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't mean to knock you out of your chair, sorry. :)

      Delete
  5. I've gotten this from you before. Thanks for the remaster! I'll echo the above comments... this is such a gem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even enjoy the Sandler & Young side, most people dismiss that part out of hand.

      Delete
  6. Love that you brought this one back, and linked to the others once again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...