Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Stuck In The 80's

I'm not sure how to describe this record. It may be a song-poem thing or it may just be a vanity project as all the songs were written by the same guy, Frank Di Silvestro. The vocals are spread out among three ladies and all the songs sound like the Eighties. I really don't know how to describe it other than that. You'll see. There are some interesting titles here that will really make you wonder what you're getting yourself into. This is on the same label as an EP I shared last year, and both records share an odd turn of phrase in a song when they refer to Santa And His Crew. It just strikes me as weird, and I had to hunt until I found that other record. (I guess it's not all that odd, those songs are also penned by Frank Di Silvestro.) Anyhow, it's a weird one, but give it a listen and see for yourself. This is A Christmas Album For The Whole Family (Songs & Stories Children Love SSCLLP-02, Stereo).

1. Denyse St. George-When Mrs. Claus Plays Piano
2. Meg Bussert-Silver Bell, The Heavenly Reindeer
3. Kristy Graves-Toy Heaven
4. Meg Bussert-The Rockefeller Center Tree
5. Meg Bussert-I'm Little Miss Christmas
6. Meg Bussert-I Love Christmas In New York
7. Meg Bussert-Ice Dancing
8. Meg Bussert-The Christmas Ballet
9. Meg Bussert-Christmas Carousel
10. Meg Bussert-Mrs. Claus Is Special Too
11. Meg Bussert-On Christmas I'll See Lots Of Snow
12. Denyse St. George-Blitzen & The Caribou Fell In Love
13. Kristy Graves-The Christmas Rose
14. Kristy Graves-We Are Children Who Love To Sing
15. Meg Bussert-Sam The Snowman & Flo The Snowwoman
16. Denyse St. George-I Dreamed I Was In Christmasland

MEGA

9 comments:

  1. "I'm not sure how to describe this record." - always a good sign for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was wondering when this one was going to show up...after a year wait the curiosity of hearing this is really high now! Is it wrong for me to be amused that you don't know quite what to make of it? Lol. Thanks for including it in your shares this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just weird and very polished, but it needs more personality to be successful.

      Delete
  3. I've had this album for a while, but can't remember where I downloaded it from. Thanks though, Ernie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fact: Meg Bussert is a Tony Award nominated Broadway gal! More: https://megbussert.com/actor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there were some credits on the back of the LP for all of the artists, but I didn't do my due diligence to check them out. Thanks for the link. I wonder if she'd remember this and have any insights into how it got made?

      Delete
    2. Message sent! We'll see if I hear anything back.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...