Thursday, December 21, 2023

More And More And More Guitars

I'm bringing back a share that I said I wouldn't because I don't think it's available for download anymore. I suspect the download that was out there was a needle drop by someone who didn't have the rights to sell the music anyway, but I don't know that for a fact. But it's not anywhere I can see it at the moment so I'm going to take a chance and post this new remaster. I shared this out briefly in 2016 but pulled it as soon as I saw it was available legally. Now I'm trying again. It's a great album that was one of a wonderful run of Christmas music from the then-new Warner Bros label in the late Fifties. Warners really put out some great stuff in the early days and they weren't afraid to take chances. This record tends a little towards easy listening and it really goes down smooth. If that sort of things appeals to you, then this is the record for you. And if that weren't enough to entice you into a download, how about a bonus track? I've added a version of Snowfall to the package, taken from another LP they recorded at around the same time as this one. I've shared it out during Christmas in July, so perhaps you already have it in your collection, but if not, enjoy! This is The Guitars, Inc.-Guitars At Christmas-The Festive Sounds Of Yuletide (Warner Bros WS1340, Stereo, 1959).

1. Jingle Bells
2. The First Noel
3. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
4. Caroling, Caroling
5. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
6. The Star Carol
7. Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly
8. Winter Wonderland
9. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
10. Sleigh Ride
11. Silent Night
12. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
13. Some Children See Him
14. Come, Dear Children
15. Adeste Fidelis (O Come All Ye Faithful)
16. White Christmas

 17. Snowfall (Bonus Track)

MEGA

Perhaps the single bonus track I've included in the above share isn't enough for you. How about a single they released a couple years later for a different label with a couple of Christmas-adjacent songs? Would that make you happier? I thought so. This is Guitars, Inc.-Holiday Love b/w Little Toy (Hamilton 7" 45 RPM 45-50035, Mono, 1962). Enjoy!

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. It's like Christmas morning around here with all of the bonuses! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for re-offering the album! I have the 7" so I'm looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy in the white sweater is getting all the attention from the women on the cover. He must be a better guitarist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly. The other guys will need to buy 12-strings if they want to compete.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...