Thursday, December 06, 2018

The Frank And The Snowman

For those of you up and watching the blog at 4 in the morning, here's another oldie. Dating back to 2006 in mono, and 2007 in stereo, this is a nice one that's badly in need of a remaster.  Do I say that every year?  Probably.  For what it's worth, this is Frank Chacksfield And His Orchestra-Music For A Merry Christmas (Richmond S 30056, Stereo, 1959).

1. O Come All Ye Faithful
2. Silent Night
3. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
4. Once In Royal David's City
5. Sleigh Ride
6. Alpine Sleigh-Ride
7. Good Christian Men Rejoice
8. Away In A Manger
9. The First Nowell
10. Greensleeves
11. White Christmas
12. The Skater's Waltz

Whoops, looks like this one is out there on CD, and fairly cheap.  Details below!

The tracks are spread out over two CDs, but the CDs are cheap.  Follow the links below!

A Carol Symphony

Christmas Lights

13 comments:

  1. Of all the albums you've shared, this is one of my favorites. The music is nice but the cover is fantastic! I just checked and I never got the 2007 version, just the 2006 96 kbps mono copy. I'm finally upgrading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this record - clicks and all. What a lovely, involving orchestral sound – and that album cover is ace, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this LP, but I think I'll grab yours and declick it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still a pretty poor bitrate. You should rip it and share it anew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For what it's worth, all these tracks can be gathered from the Guild Light Music collections "A Carol Symphony" and Christmas Lights". If anybody cares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I left out some quote marks. I hate when I do that. It's "Christmas Lights"...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just about to post the same thing that JustaJeepGuy did. Those two collections are on part of Guild's "Golden Age of Light Music" collection. The mastering is pretty superb if you ask me...

    I made a Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7mnn8MZndchEfrCsQAaVlS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I've removed the share and updated the post to point to the CDs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ernie - Noble gesture, but Guild was not the original issuer. They are working from LP just as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, but it's a line I try not to cross, especially with my crappy old share. And the CDs are cheap...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I listened in headphones to the Spotify version. I didn't hear any vinyl noise, so they did a good job if it is a vinyl rip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crap, missed it. With us in debt, officially released means unhearable unless available for streaming. Thanks to Brad- R-M for Spotify playlist.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...