Sunday, December 02, 2018

A Renewed Skitch

Oooh, here's a good one that I can bring back!  You may or may not know who Skitch Henderson is, I suppose it depends on how old you are.  I'm too young to have ever seen him on TV, but I've developed quite the appreciation for him over the years from the many records he released.  This one is certainly no exception, featuring a side of Christmas music and a side of that other kind of holiday music, as in vacation.  Still pretty easy to enjoy.  I first shared this out in 2006 with only the Christmas half, but I brought it back in 2012 with the whole thing in a new recording.  Tonight I'm sharing with you the whole thing, newly encoded at a full bitrate just so you can hear it a little bit better.  There'll be more Skitch as the month goes on, but this is probably the one you want to start with.  This is Skitch Henderson At The Piano Conducting the New York Philharmonic-Winter Holiday (Columbia MS 6381, Stereo, 1962).

1. Winter Wonderland
2. Moonlight In Vermont
3. Sleigh Ride
4. Winter Holiday-Winter Holiday
5. Winter Holiday-Around The Bonfire
6. Winter Holiday-Home Again
7. Troika
8. Caribbean Polka
9. Three Coins In The Fountain
10. Macarenas (La Virgen De La Macarena)
11. La Mer
12. Paris Match
13. Never On Sunday
14. Einsamkeit

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Much appreciated in bringing this back. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Skitch as well. Not sure why I don't have this, but I don't. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one I look forward to hearing with your updated share. Thanks again, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...