Saturday, December 08, 2018

Old Seeburg


Talk about your oldies, here's something I don't think I've shared in a long time.  First shared in 2007, this is a record made exclusively for the Seeburg BGM Machine, the letters standing for BackGround Music.  I remember finding a whole box of these records and being quite excited that some of them were Christmas records.  Well, it turned out that Christmas labelled didn't mean exclusively Christmas content. Only one of every five tracks on here was a Christmas song, and none of them were titled, so I couldn't even tell you what most of the tracks were.  I only ever shared out the Christmas ones, so that's what I've got for you here tonight.  The records themselves are a little odd because they are only 10" in diameter with a larger than normal 2" center hole.  I had to have a custom spindle machined to be able to put these on the turntable.  And even worse, they are meant to play at 16-3/3 RPM!  I've only ever come across one other Christmas record that spins that slowly, but at least it has the right size hole in the middle.  Anyhow, after all that, you just want to hear what's between the grooves.  This is The Seeburg Music Library-Matching Christmas Library (Seeburg 10" 16-2/3 RPM CH 10 A/B, Mono). For more Seeburg, be sure to check here & here.

1. Silent Night
7. The Little Drummer Boy
12. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
19. Lullay, Thou Little Tiny Child
25. Jingle Bells
31. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I love all the old Seeburg stuff!! For music intended as BGM, it is remarkably listenable in the foreground. Any plans for returning to the other sets, as well?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a true gem. I second everything Mr. Reindeer said. Thanks again, Ernie. Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...