Wednesday, December 05, 2018

France!

Next up in our trip around the world for Christmas is France. I've been reluctant to put this one up because I didn't like the sleeve it came with.  The vinyl looked pretty good, but the cover was beat, and almost in two pieces.  I scanned it and cleaned it up a bit, but it's still nothing to look at.  Then this past weekend I stumbled across another copy and figured I could get a better scan.  But it turned out to be a copy from England on EMI, not Capitol. So I figured you'd know if I scanned that copy.  In the end, I used the beat up cover, but put a copy of the nicer EMI cover in the download as well. Lots of familiar songs in this one, and they aren't bad singers.  This is Les Petits Chanteurs De Versailles (The Child Singers Of Versailles), Soloiste-Annie Beaumont, Chef Dees Choeurs-Pierre Béguigné, Chef D'Orchestre-Jacques Metehen-Christmas In France (Capitol "Capitol Of The World" T10108, Mono, 1957).

1. Dans Cette Étable (In That Stable)
2. Vive Le Vent (Jingle Bells)
3. Les Agnes Dans Nos Campagnes (The Angels Of Our Fields)
4. Venez Divin Messie (Come Divine Messiah)
5. Le Noël Des Petits Santons (The Christmas Of The Little Saints)
6. Noël-Trois Anges Sont Venus (Christmas-Three Angels Have Come)
7. Noël D'Adam-Minuit Chrétiens (Adam's Christmas-Christian Midnight)
8. Noël Blanc (White Christmas)
9. Noël Nouvelet (Christmas Novelty)
10. Les Rois Mages (The Three Kings)
11. Il Est Né Le Divin Enfant (The Divine Child Has Been Born)
12. La Légende De Saint-Nicolas (The Legend Of Saint Nicholas)

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. The Capitol cover isn't as bad as all that. But I don't see any reason why you couldn't have substituted the HMV version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's much worse in person. Not the best cover in the world to start with.

    I hate to put the wrong cover on something even though I think it's the same recording. I'd have to be proven wrong later. You're welcome to change it if you'd like, that's why I put it in the download. :) Wish I'd found the EMI version earlier, I would have ripped it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't mixing "His master's voice" and Capitol kinda strange? Or is it not strange in France? Seems wrong, somehow... but thanks, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom had this very record. When compiling a playlist of Christmas songs without repeats, I recommend at a minimum including "Dans Cette Etable" from this album. There are a number of other songs here that are not commonly found, and sung in a vibrant lively way - well worth downloading!! Thanks Ernie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ernie for all these Christmas In shares. For some reason I got into them with the original Capitol series and then their second version and have been looking them ever since. Every time I think I have the sets complete up pops another one. PS I love collecting them, but in reality do not listen to them that much.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...