Thursday, December 06, 2018

Cheap Cover

Tonight's military share came out of this cover which might look familiar to Christmas collectors. This is one of those covers that they used to package everything from high school choral groups to senior citizen carol sings.  I almost didn't pay it any attention when I saw it, except I noticed it said United States something on there, and then I picked it up.  I guess they picked the cover image out of a catalog of stock images, not realizing that it had been used by many, many, many different organizations over the years.  Oddly enough, there's a nice group photo reproduced on the back cover that looks like it cost a lot of money, and it's reproduced in full color! I guess they didn't think it looked enough like a Christmas album image so they went with the generic shot. Anyhow, the music is good stuff, performed by different units of the band, so there's a little variety here.  I'm sure you'll enjoy The United States Army Band And The United States Army Chorus-Christmas With The United States Army Band And The United States Army Chorus (The United States Army S19721, Stereo, 1972).

1. Jingle Bells
2. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
3. Winter Wonderland
4. O Tannenbaum
5. The Three Holy Kings
6. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
7. Stable Down The Road
8. Medley: White Christmas; The Christmas Song
9. Some Children See Him
10. Medley: Noel

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. I think the musical tracks are the very same as on this share of yours from 2011.
    https://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2011/12/sing-with-bing.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it really? I didn't even notice. Good spot! That Bing release is due up any day now, so I'll be sure to mention that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, as sometimes happens, I just finished ripping this LP again without realizing I'd done it before. Sigh... :(

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...