Saturday, December 08, 2018

Missed One

Sometimes I can't keep straight what I did years ago.  Tonight's share is something I had in the archives and I thought I had shared it before, but I can't find it anywhere.  It was in a stack of stuff I recorded in 2011, and I thought I had shared it then, but I couldn't find any trace of it here at the blog.  How many times has this happened so far this year?  Twice?  Three times?  Getting to be a habit, I'm afraid.  So anyhow, this is another nice collection of songs performed by the various units of the USAF Band, which I imagine you're getting used to at this point.  Please be my guest and download The United States Air Force Band-Christmas (The United States Air Force Band, Washington, D.C. GXSV 221852/221853, Stereo, 1969).  Hmmm, there seems to be some overlap between this one and one I shared the other night.  Same recordings or just similar arrangements?

1. The U.S. Air Force Band & The Singing Sergeants-God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
2. The Singing Sergeants-Now It Is Christmas Time
3. The Strolling Strings-It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
4. The Singing Sergeants-Silver Bells
5. The U.S. Air Force Brass Choir-We Three Kings
6. The U.S. Air Force Band & The Singing Sergeants-O Little Town Of Bethlehem
7. The U.S. Air Force Band-Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring
8. The U.S. Air Force Brass Choir-I Saw Three Ships
9. The Singing Sergeants-Sleep, Little Tiny King
10. The Symphony In Blue-I'll Be Home For Christmas
11. The Airmen Of Note-Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
12. The Airmen Of Note-March Of The Toys
13. The Symphony In Blue-Christmas Song
14. The Singing Sergeants And Their Children-Away In A Manger

MEGA

3 comments:

  1. you have shared this before. i'd have to dig to figure out when, exactly, but i know for a fact you've shared it because i was enamored with the cover art and spent some time extricating the "Christmas" logotype for future use that never happened. someone shared it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this one this first time around! I love the cover art!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...