Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Cuba!

Running out of international shares right at the moment, but I've still got a few up my sleeve.  This one is actually a remaster of something I shared back in 2010, but I shared it after Christmas and I don't think a lot of people ever saw it.  This is a new rip of a different copy so I can't tell you if the sound is better or not.  The bitrate is certainly going to be higher, and I've improved quite a bit in the ripping department, I think.  There's also my use of ClickRepair to make that vinyl sound a little less ricky-ticky.  But I know the cover of this copy was pretty rough, especially the flip side.  There was an interesting Christmas inscription of the flip side that I left intact, dating to 1958. Kind of cool to think that was before the Cuban Revolution. I'm sure when this record came out, people thought about Cuba in a much different way than we do today.  Anyhow, enough blathering.  This is Christmas In Cuba (Capitol "Capitol Of The World" T10165, Mono, 1958).  Tracks are split between Fernando Albuerne With The Cosmopolita Orchestra & C. Fazas Quartet and Coro De Madrigalistas. I don't think I've ever seen a rainbow swirl label printed that far out of round, have you?

1. Pampanitos Verdes
2. San Jose Al Niño Jesus
3. Blancas Navidades (White Christmas)
4. Canto De Navidad Guajiro
5. Al Niño Le Gusta El Son
6. Noche De Paz (Silent Night, Holy Night)
7. Flores De Pascua Benditas
8. Pastores A Belen
9. Amor En Navidad
10. Venid Pastorcillos
11. Cancion Alegre De Navidad
12. Amor Y Paz

MEGA

5 comments:

  1. Cool! I'll replace the 2010 one with this one - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ernie and the best of the season to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I got this record a couple years ago. I think this "Capitol of the World" release is a reissue of the same album, with a slightly different cover shot, issued under the name Canciones de Navidad on Panart Records (LP-3023). Or perhaps it was the other way around. Here's a link to the Discogs entry for the Spanish titled version, which does not provide a release year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's same recordings, I believe. If you look close at the Discgos entry, they are linked as the same recording.

    https://www.discogs.com/Fernando-Albuerne-Coro-De-Madrigalistas-Canciones-De-Navidad/master/1417245

    Many of the Capitol Of The World series, both Christmas and otherwise, were reissues of things that had been released locally and Capitol just put it out in the USA through the miracle of licensing. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...