Friday, December 07, 2018

More Wally

You probably noticed a track or two from Wally Stott on that Christmas In Europe LP (and on the next one coming up that you don't know about yet).  That reminded me of this great LP he released on Warner Bros in 1959.  I shared it out with you back in 2010, and it's good stuff.  I should add this to the queue for a redo, and certainly something needs to be done about that cover scan.  Reflective covers are a real pain. This is Wally Stott, His Orchestra And Chorus-Happy Holiday-Christmas In Stereo (Warner Bros WS 1341, Stereo, 1959).  Wally Stott was known as Angela Morley at the time of her death in 2009, but that's a story for a different time...

1. Happy Holiday
2. Wassail Song
3. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
4. Christmas Sleigh Bells
5. Shepherd's Chorus
6. The Holly And The Ivy
7. The Christmas Waltz
8. Away In A Manger
9. Good King Wenceslas
10. Snowfall
11. Silent Night! Holy Night!
12. White Christmas

Well, lookee what I found, I had ripped a new copy of this a couple years back and never shared it.  So I added the old LP cover to the MP3 files and here's a new remastered version for 2018.  (Added Christmas Eve, 5:51 PM EST)

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. Ah, a beautiful record! My copy is mono (sad face emoji).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared out a different version of this at one point. It looks like MediaFire flagged it for copyright.

    https://www.falalalala.com/fireside/index.php?topic=2985.msg19415#msg19415

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten about that! Very odd.

    MediaFire goes a little crazy with the copyright ID. And then doesn't even enforce it. Just click it again in a bit and it will come up. No service is perfect, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe this is my favorite record ever that you have shared - very lively and bright. And my favorite song from it - Shepherd's Chorus - from Amahl and the Night Visitors - an infrequently covered song to add to a well-rounded Christmas mix list - thank you for sharing (again)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...