Monday, December 03, 2018

Germany!

From Ireland we hop over to Germany for this treat. I remember finding this record at the same time as I found that Milton Cross I shared earlier.  Don't know if the two came from the same collection or not, but maybe. I doubt that this record really came over from Germany, it's more likely that Gunter (spelled Gunther on the label for some reason) and Kethie were members of an immigrant community that paid tribute to their homeland in their choice of material.  I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.  There was no back cover on this one, and not really any info on the internet, so your guess here is as good as mine.  Don't hesitate to fill in the details if you know something more.  This is Gunter & Kethie-Christmas In Germany (Presenting Gunther (SIC) & Kethie AH-A/-B, Mono).

1. Stille Nacht
2. Suesser Die Glocken Nie Klingen
3. O Tannenbaum
4. Leise Rieselt Der Schnee
5. Morgen Kommt Der Weihnachtsmann
6. Alle Jahre Wieder
7. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
8. I Am Weihnachtsbaume
9. Es Ist Ein Ros Entsprungen
10. Kling Gloeckchen Kling
11. Away In A Manger
12. Ihr Kinderlein Kommet
13. Oh Du Froehliche

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Love German music anyway, so this will be thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ernie, thanks from Germany.
    It sounds like a real traditional old german Christmas.
    Very Nice and now in my Playlist for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I like to hear, Frit! Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...