Monday, December 14, 2009

The Other Ray Charles


You knew about the other Ray Charles, didn't you? I don't think this Ray would have approved of a lot of the music performed by that other Ray, this one is a little bit square. But I think you'll agree that he does make some pretty good Christmas music. This album, which I first shared in 2005, is more of a seasonal record than strictly a Christmas one. In fact, I think I know have two of the other seasons they did, as well as a compilation that combines the best cuts from each into a single LP. If I ever have the missing season, it might make for a nice set to share out here. But in the meantime, why don't you download The Ray Charles Singers-Winter Wonderland (MGM E3387, Mono, 1956).

1. Winter Wonderland
2. Button Up Your Overcoat
3. June In January
4. When Winter Comes
5. Snowfall
6. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
7. Winter & Theme For Indoor Sports
8. Moonlight In Vermont
9. Let It Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow
10. When Winter Comes A Callin'
11. Jingle Bells
12. By The Fireside

3 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely gorgeous album. It may go down as my all-time favorite. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the album I woke up to every Christmas morning as child.... the jing jing jing jing of Winter Wonderland...I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to go get it! I can't find our family copy...
    :o( can you help me?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...