Monday, December 14, 2009

Half A Skitch Is Better Than None

Here's half an album of Christmas music from Skitch Henderson, one of the many people to hold down the job of bandleader on The Tonight Show. The other half of the album didn't seem to have anything to do with Christmas, so I chose not to share it out. What I have to make it up are links to a number of bonus tracks I've found over the years that should have been on here, but weren't. But first things first. Please download this record that I first shared in 2006, Skitch Henderson With The New York Philharmonic-Winter Holiday (Columbia MS 6381, , Stereo, 1962). Looks like I threw a bonus track into the download for you already. In addition to the tracks detailed below you also get We Need A Little Christmas from A Very Merry Christmas-Volume Two (Columbia Special Products For Grants CSS-788, Stereo, 1968).

1. Winter Wonderland
2. Moonlight In Vermont
3. Sleigh Ride
4. Winter Holiday
5. Around The Bonfire
6. Home Again
7. Troika

Now, what else can I find for you? You can get I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm here. Greensleeves (or, if you prefer, What Child Is This) can be found here. Snowfall is here. Hmmm, thought I had more than that. Well, I'll keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...