Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Klein Can't

This is a John Klein record I'd love to share with you, but I can't. It's on CD, or at least half of it is. The people who made the carillon that was used to record this LP, Schulmerich, licensed the tracks and put this record out on CD, but my sources tell me it's in mono. I don't doubt that it's still a Christmas Sound Spectacular as advertised, but it's only half as much as it should be. But something is better than nothing. Perhaps if enough people brought this unfortunate situation to their attention, they'd remaster the CD with the stereo recording... Now, I'm not putting this post up to leave you empty handed. It turns out that the original LP included an insert, and I've got it right here for you to download. Put this with your mono CD copy, and you're a little closer to the way things out to be. For the record, this is John Klein At The Carillon Americana With Orchestra And Chorus- A Christmas Sound Spectacular (RCA Victor LSP 2023, Stereo, 1959).

1 comment:

  1. -Este es mi disco Favorito.
    -Aca esperando que sea denuevo subido.
    -Me encanta el sonido de los vinilos.
    -Hermoso sonido del carillón.
    -Esta es la portada más bonita de la colección de John Klein de Navidad.
    Muchas gracias, por su trabajo.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...