Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More Castles In The Sand


Here are some more shots of the Christmas-themed sand castles I spotted this weekend at the beach. They did a really good job on these likenesses, didn't they? You've got the Snow Miser and the Heat Miser above, battling it out. Since it was 80 degrees when I took this picture, I'm pretty sure the Heat Miser was winning.

Who is this? Mr. Magoo as Scrooge? Perhaps I missed this cartoon?

Poor old Santa is a little bit worse for wear, but he's still quite recognizable.

And my very favorite was the Abominable Snowmonster, who towered over the whole pile of sand! Isn't he impressive?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your Christmas sand castle photos. Wonderful work.

    Too bad they weren't done in concrete. At least you have the photos.

    Just two questions:

    Do you know who the artist is?

    Do you have a photo of all of them in one (or more) shots?

    Thanks!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note. I was there at a bad time of day to get a shot of the whole thing. That's why I didn't post one. The castle was built in front of The Beachhouse Restaurant on Anna Maria Island, FL, as part of an annual contest. They had many piles of sand out back for amateurs to work with. I don't know the names of the artists, but let me see if I can find it in one of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...