Monday, December 14, 2009

More Mimi

One of my favorite finds and shares of 2006, this is one of those records that Christmas folks drool over. Well, the ones without any self-control drool over it. OK, I drooled over it when I picked it up all those years ago. For those who don't know, this is the record that gave the world most of the Christmas songs recorded by Esquivel. (There are a couple elsewhere, but I'm not going to get into that here.) But those songs are on CD here and there, so I can't share them. But I figure something is better then nothing, so I'm sharing out the rest of the album. And this year I've got a special little something for you guys. After much discussion in the comments when I shared this out last year, we discovered a different take of one of the songs here! It showed up on one of those ubiquitous Reader's Digest multi-record sets. Unlike the main LP, it's in mono, but I think you'll get the idea. Mimi Hines sings about how she saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus, and she can't seem to hit a note straight on to save her. And at one point it sounds like she sneaks downstairs to have a pee. You'll see. First, download The Merriest of Christmas Pops (RCA Victor LSP-2032, 1959). Second, please download Mimi Hines With Ray Martin's Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus from Joyous Noel (Reader's Digest RDA 57A).

3. Mimi Hines With Ray Martin And His Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
4. Ray Martin, His Orchestra And Chorus-Winter Wonderland
6. Mimi Hines With Ray Martin And His Orchestra-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
8. Ray Martin, His Orchestra And Chorus-I'll Be Home For Christmas
9. Mimi Hines With Ray Martin's Orchestra-All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth)
11. Mimi Hines With Ray Martin's Orchestra And Chorus-Santa Baby

PS-That cover image is by well-known artist Eyvind Earle.

3 comments:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...