Monday, December 19, 2022

Stamp Collecting

As I sometimes do, I was flipping through some records at the Goodwill store this weekend. And while I didn't find any interesting Christmas music, I did see a few stamps stuck on a record sleeve that I thought were mildly interesting. I just took a couple of quick pictures and put the record back, I didn't think it was worth $2.18 just for a couple of stamps. The ones up top are the annual Christmas Seals for 1962. The Christmas seal song that year was, well, I don't know what it was, it's not on my list. Anyhow, the stamps below were something I didn't know about, they seem to have come from Boys Town. I guess they jumped on the Christmas stamp bandwagon for a while, but I don't know the history of it. I was looking it up and got distracted by the fact that Boys Town created the world's largest ball of stamps, and that was the end of that. I shared out a record from Boys Town earlier this season, so at least I can tie it in somehow.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Did you know about the Boys Town stamps? I hadn't seen or heard about those, but they appear to still be doing them, or maybe they only stopped recently. Seems like an odd fundraising device, but I guess if it works...

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...