Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas All Over The Place-Part 8

Looks like the big day is almost here. I hope you're still with us for a little while longer. Today is our most exotic location yet, halfway around the world from yesterday's stop in Portugal. We're visiting the tiny Pacific island of Tonga with a record that came out of Canada. I don't know how these things work, but I think I brought this one home with me from New York City a couple years ago. It's certainly the most interesting place we've visited so far, and I hope you enjoy it. This is A Friendly Islands Christmas (Allsound Productions (Canada) ASP-001, Stereo, 1981). Not the most attractive of covers for such a unique record. I seem to remember flipping right past it at first, but luckily I flipped back for a second look.

1. Maopa Choir-Conductor: Sione Alaimoana Manu-'Ihe Hoko 'Ae Kuonga (Once In Royal David City)
2. Choir Of Queen Salote College (Methodist Girls College)-Conductor Peta Fakasi Ieiki-Kaingalotu Omi 'O Mamata (O Come All Ye Faithful)
3. Ngele'ia Free Wesleyan Church Choir-Conductor: Holaki Makasini Helu-Po Malu (Silent Night)
4. 'Umata (Rainbow) Choir-Po I Petelihema (A Night In Bethlehem)
5. Kolomotu'a Free Wesleyan Church Choir-Conductor: Simione Taumoefolau-Vakai (Behold I Bring You Good Tidings)
6. Siasi 'O Tonga-Kanokupolu-Conductor: Kaati-Koe Fakataipe 'Oe 'Alo'i
7. Tu'imala Ma' Afu-Ko Sisu Koe Tu'i 'Oe Koloa'ia (Jesus Is The King Of Both Rich And Poor)
8. Ma 'Ufanga Fee Wesleyan Choir-Conductor Tevita Saumaki Hingano-Hiva Pe 'I Langi (Ring The Bell Of Heaven)
9. Tupou College Band-Conductor: Sione Kamitoni-Morning Star
10. Fakakina 'A Hala Lavinia-Conductor: Leilua Faiva-'A Hake Kainga Mo Fakafeta'i (To God Be The Glory)
11. Malukave-Nose Flute

MEGA

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...