Monday, December 12, 2016

Re-Dunstedter

I think I mentioned Eddie Dunstedter last night as being a favorite here at the blog, so I figured I'd bring back a couple of his records from the archives. I think I shared out both of these first in our inaugural year, 2005, then I remastered both in 2011, so the sound is pretty good.  If you didn't get them the first time around, start with this one, then get the other one.  This is Eddie Dunstedter-The Bells Of Christmas (Capitol ST 1264, Stereo, 1959).

1. The First Noel
2. March Of The Three Kings
3. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
4. Greensleeves
5. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear-O Little Town Of Bethlehem-Away In A Manger
6. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
7. Cantique De Noel (O Holy Night)
8. We Three Kings Of Orient Are-Bring Your Torches
9. Deck The Halls-Joy To The World
10. Adeste Fideles
11. O Tannenbaum
12. The Coventry Carol-Von Himmel Hoch
13. Silent Night

Zippyshare
Don't forget the other one!  This is Eddie Dunstedter-The Bells Of Christmas Chime Again (Capitol ST 1968, Stereo, 1963).  I also shared this one in 2005, then remastered it in 2011.  Good stuff, great two-fer!

1. White Christmas
2. Silver Bells
3. Angels We Have Heard On High
4. Sweet Little Jesus Boy
5. Winter Wonderland
6. In The Clock Store
7. Ring, Christmas Bells
8. The Christmas Song
9. Beautiful Savior
10. I'll Be Home For Christmas
11. Happy Holiday

Zippyshare

7 comments:

  1. And for those of you nice enough to leave a comment, here's a copy of Eddie's best Christmas album, Christmas Candy. I ripped this a long time ago and never shared it, so there's no artwork, but you can probably get that from Discogs. Enjoy!

    http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/zsT6XWn7/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. And with that, my Eddie Dunstedter Christmas is complete! Thank you!

    Thank you also for all the great work you do here, Ernie. I look forward to visiting every day to see what treasures await. The covers alone are worth it! I've been thoroughly enjoying the re-ups. Is there any chance that you may be willing to reshare Caiola & Ortolani's "The Sound Of Christmas?" It would be most appreciated for some fine tree-trimming music.

    Again, thank you for all of your work. I know it takes time, and time is precious. Know that there is much joy being had from the great stuff you share. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure the Sound Of Christmas album is available for download legally out there somewhere. And your Dunstedter collection isn't complete. There's a radio show with his discussing one of those albums, parts of the Silver Platter Service from Capitol. I've been hunting for it to no avail. Someday... No new music, but interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Christmas Candy" is a masterpiece. "Bells 1&2" are really boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kid you not but I just found The first one at a Goodwill not More than an hour ago. You saved me having to rip this one myself. Thank You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zippyshare is nice, but not very kind. All of Eddie's links have gone missing. Could you re-up them when you get a chance?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check here for new links, and be sure to read the comments.

    https://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2018/12/eddie-times-2.html

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...