Saturday, December 17, 2016

More Crusty Old Music

Writing about my old XX Days of Christmas collections reminded me of this other compilation that I did back in 2007.  No one ever said I'm not ambitious about stuff that is important to me! The idea this time was to pull great tracks from old compilation records I found at the thrift store.  You know, the old sampler records they used to sell at the gas station or grocery store, impulse purchase items near the checkout for those last few weeks of the year.  Buy a record to listen to that's cheap enough to throw out after the holidays.  I was able to find some really great music on those old records, and I wanted to feature them somehow, and this is that.  Though I shared out all these tracks one day at a time in 2007, I didn't pull it all together and put a cover on it until 2009.  I'm slow, sorry.  Looking back, there's some really good stuff in here, though I think I have all the original albums now that these random tracks were pulled from.  But it was a neat idea at the time, and I think you'll really enjoy this collection.  Here is Used Music-The Thrift Store Christmas Compilation Compilation (Ernie (Not Bert) 2007). Again, click the track to go to the day I first shared it out.  Lot sof good cover art in there that's not in the zip file.

The Sanborn Singers-Jingle Bells
Les Baxter Orchestra And Chorus-Hang Your Wishes On The Tree
Sandler & Young-Mister Santa
Peggy Lee-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
Danny Kaye-Deck The Halls (With Boughs Of Holly)
Debbie Reynolds-There's No Place Like Home
Claudine Longet-Snow
The Glad Singers-We Three Kings Of Orient Are
The Ed Sullivan Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
The Mills Brothers-You Don't Have To Be A Santa Claus
Patti Page-'Twas The Night Before Christmas
George Melachrino-Fairy On The Christmas Tree
The Beneficial Singers-Joyous Christmas
Marlene Dietrich-Little Drummer Boy
Dorothy Collins-Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Red Foley-Frosty The Snowman
Bing Crosby-Christmas Dinner Country Style
Fred Waring-White Christmas
Walter Carlos-Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring
Ed Kinney-The Twelve Days Of Christmas
Les Brown-We Wish You The Merriest
Maurice Chevalier-Jolly Old St. Nicholas
The Ames Brothers-Good King Wenceslas
The Lennon Sisters-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Jerry Colonna-Too Fat For The Chimney
Tex Ritter-Ole Tex Kringle
Les Paul & Mary Ford-The Christmas Song
The New Sounds Of Christmas-We Three Kings
The Anita Kerr Singers-God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
The New Christy Minstrels-Anderson: Sleighride
Douglas Leedy-Deck The Hall

Zippyshare

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the recent posts.

    I have a couple of requests:

    "Christmas Carols on the Organ" by Virgil Fox;

    "Christmas Dance Party" by Lester Lanin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some fantastic stuff on this one – thanks for resharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss all the old music blogs. Brings me back thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific idea and excellent compilation.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New link for 2021!

    https://mega.nz/file/FENggDhI#bRNPWA4qEI6X-ITR7iI-zZGrEaw6vi5cIuA2vYgoB7U

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the re-post, Ernie. Much appreciated! Stay well.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...