Thursday, December 15, 2016

Silver Bells

Took forever, but here is today's new share for you.  I was flipping through the stacks of stuff that I had recorded and this happy Santa Claus caught my eye.  You guys needed another polka record, I figured, and an oberek never hurt anyone.  It wasn't until I pulled the LP from the sleeve that I realized the job in front of me.  Half a dozen pieces of paper came out of the sleeve with the record, and I had to scan them all in for you.  Now you have a fairly complete catalog of releases on the Stella label, as well as an order card, an envelope, a biography of Bernie and I think an order form for some sheet music and books.  Don't say I never did anything nice for you!  In addition to all that, you get some nice music.  And those abrupt edits near the end of most of the songs?  That's on the vinyl, folks.  I'm not sure what effect they are trying to achieve there, perhaps they wanted you to think these were live tracks?  I don't know, but it's disconcerting if you aren't expecting it.  Anyhow, this is Bernie Witkowski And His Silver Bell Orchestra-The Christmas Record (Stella S-LP 914, Mono).

1. Jingle Bells Polka
2. Christmas Tree Polka
3. On A Sleigh--Polka
4. White Christmas
5. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
6. Toy Shop Polka
7. Harmonica For Christmas--Polka
8. Little Christmas Tree--Polka
9. Ol' Man Santa--Oberek
10. Bells Are Ringing--Polka
11. Christmas Lullaby--Polka
12. My Boy Friend Santa--Polka

Zippyshare

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting al that information. Had so many questions when I listen to the album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ernie!

    Can you reupload this album?

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new link for 2018...

    https://mega.nz/#!YckkiAgT!L0OWUr2TGywtA6LVEM6PzBgezljY2N2dKfbSt_Foz44

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see Bernie calls himself the “King of Polka Kings.” What a title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anybody know what year this particular album was released

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No clue. Really hard to date these polka albums, they seem to have been released with little fanfare so there's not a lot of documentation about this that I've been able to find. Discogs lists records with close catalog numbers from 1958 to 1962, which doesn't really narrow it down much... (Though I think closer to 1958, but I could be wrong.)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...