Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Vik (Not Victor)


I brought you a couple of EPs on X earlier this season, so that inspired me to go back and dig out this LP on sister label Vik from about the same time period. I first discovered this LP though an EP release of some of the tracks, then I was quite excited to find the whole thing later on and share it with you in 2007.  So if this looks like something you might be interested in, please download and enjoy The Lighthouse Singers- Christmas Carols By The Lighthouse Singers (Vik SPV-2, Mono, 1955). Only other Christmas record I know of on the Vik label is the original issue of Gisele MacKenzie's record, which was so popular it later came out on parent RCA Victor.  Are there any others I need to track down?

1. Silent Night, Holy Night
2. O Come, All Ye Faithful
3. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
4. The First Noel
5. Ave Maria
6. Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem
7. O Holy Night
8. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
9. Joy To The World
10. The Lord's Prayer

Whoops!! That's another one that's available for legal download all over the place.  I thought this was so obscure, I didn't even check.  Oh, well, onto the next one.

6 comments:

  1. An incredible album considering the effort it takes for the blind individuals to sing in a choir. A pleasure to listen to. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic album. Thanks for sharing. I own Gisele MacKenzie's Christmas album on Vik in my collection. Such a great album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might you still have this one?


    http://christmasyuleblog.blogspot.com/search?q=hollywood+pops

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of CaptOT's shares, not mine. I have the record somewhere, but never paid much attention to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/search?q=+Carwithen

    any chance for a re up? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ernie, I got excited to hear this till you said it was available, but I can't find it for legal download anywhere. Being blind, my screenreader could be missing it, but any help is appreciated. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...