Friday, December 16, 2016

Ya'ssoo!

If anyone has this in your collection already, lemme know.  I'm betting against it.  I can't imagine they sold very many of these outside of the Greek community.  I was very surprised when I discovered it, then doubly surprised when I spotted a second copy a few months later!   I didn't buy that second one, but maybe I should have.  The back of my copy is very water damaged as you'll see in the scan.  But I foolishly didn't think about it at the time.  Maybe I'll ride up to the vintage store next week and see if it's still there.  I doubt it, Christmas records move fast this time of year.  But on to the music.  This wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but it will certainly get someone's attention if they're alert to what's playing.  And if you have any Greek heritage in your family, your aunts and uncles will be very impressed when you play it on Christmas Day!  This is Demetrios Pappas And The Amphion Choir-Christmas Carols In Greek! (Helios 764A, Stereo, 1965).

1. Jingle Bells
2. Greek Christmas Carol
3. Joy To The World
4. We Three Kings
5. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
6. Silent Night
7. Greek New Year's Carol
8. Your Birth, O Christ
9. The Virgin Mary Today
10. Our Savior Has Come Upon Us
11. The Magi And The Shepherds
12. Doxology

(The titles are also listed in Greek on the cover, but I'm not trying to figure out how to type those characters on my keyboard!)

Zippyshare


6 comments:

  1. I'm Greek and I would love to get a copy of this album...my parents who speak Greek would love to hear this!!!

    Thank you for your wonderful site...and Merry Christmas!
    Perry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also would love to find a copy of this! Don't see it available anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you try clicking the Zippyshare link?

    ReplyDelete
  4. New link for 2018...

    https://mega.nz/#!ZB0yBIwT!TEApE4Px_WPcXCcqli97o34CNArDlgFo_Y4gw7EulmM

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...