Saturday, December 17, 2016

Really, Really Old Music

Those of you who've been here since way back in the beginning might recall that I used to try and put together a Christmas compilation on a day-to-day basis.  It wound up taking way too much of my time, since I didn't have anything in the can and tried to record and scan something every night.  I also didn't pay a lot of attention to the flow of things, and found myself putting multiple versions of the same track on there, which didn't make for very good listening.  But when you're in the right mood, I think these might make good listening.  Here's the first one, from 2006.  All the tracks are shown below, though I think in reverse order, and they're linked to when I first shared out the song.  Please enjoy 25 Days Of Christmas (Ernie Not Bert, 2006).

Tennessee Ernie Ford-Christmas Dinner
Harry Kari-Oh! Oh! Don't Ever Go
Dorothy Collins-Mister Santa
Connie Canuso-Somebody Painted Rudolph's Nose A Chocolate Brown
Sandy Offenheim-If Snowflakes Fell In Flavours
Up With People-Jingle Bell Beat
The Ames Brothers-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
Jimmy Boyd-Santa Got Stuck In The Chimney
Lou Monte-Italian Jingle Bells
Les Paul-Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
The Harmonicats-Winter Wonderland
Steve Allen and Ricky Vera-Can I Wait Up For Santa Claus?
Ricardo Montalban & Randy Newman-La Campanilla
Ralph Carmichael-The New Hallelujah
Lawrence Welk With The Lennon Sisters-Santa From Santa Fe
Billy May-March Of The Toys
The Davis Sisters-The Christmas Boogie
Anna Russell-Please Santa Claus
Kathy Dunn-Santaville
The Williams Brothers-The Holiday Season
The Ed Sullivan Orchestra-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
The Banjo Barons-Jolly Old St. Nick & Jingle Bells
Johnny Brandon-Santa Claus, Jr.
Johnny Mathis-Have Reindeer, Will Travel
The Crew-Cuts-Twinkle Toes 

Zippyshare

And I turned around and did the same thing in 2007, though I don't appear to have ever created a cover for this one.  Perhaps I'm just forgetting where I put it, so if anyone knows of a cover, let me know. I don't think they're backwards this time.  Hard to tell what I was thinking way back then.  Anyhow, enjoy 26 Days Of Christmas (Ernie Not Bert, 2007).

Mickey Gilley-Don't The Girls All Get Prettier At Christmas Time
Scott Fagen-Sandy The Blue Nosed Reindeer
Russ Morgan-The Mistletoe Kiss
Sascha Burland-The Chickens Are In The Chimes!
Commander Shea School Boys' Choir-Chree-See-Mus
The Crew-Cuts-Dance Mr. Snowman Dance
Tennessee Ernie-A Rootin' Tootin' Santa Claus
Arthur Godfrey-Christmas Is Christmas
Sue Powell-Kiss Me It's Kiss-mas
Eddy Howard-Uncle Mistletoe
Lonzo And Oscar-Jangle Bells
Margaret Whiting And Jimmy Wakely-Christmas Candy
Joe Dowell-A Kiss For Christmas
Connie Landers-I'm Gonna Be Warm This Winter
Joe Ward-Christmas Questions
Molly Bee-Willy Claus
The William Dawson Chorus-Merry Are The Bells
The Roy-Cliffs-Marshmallow World
Cricketone Chorus & Orchestra-The Snowflake Song
Jimmy Boyd-Santa Claus Blues
Dora Hall-Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
Burl Ives-It's Gonna Be A Mixed Up Xmas
Lisa And The Lollipops-Stumpy
Dinah Shore-You Meet The Nicest People
Marv Herzog-Round And Round The Xmas Tree
Santa Claus' Helper Little Joey-Ave Maria  

Zippyshare

And yes, I tried it again for 2008, but I didn't make it very far.  Too hard to keep up with this and all the other blog stuff, as well as the real world outside of the internet...  Here's the greatly foreshortened version of 27 Days Of Christmas (Ernie Not Bert, 2008).  Again, no artwork, probably because I never finished it, but also because I'm lazy.  I think I'm back to reverse order here...  Odd.

Roy Rogers And Dale Evans-It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
Bobby Vinton-Santa Must Be Polish
The Ames Brothers-Ting-A-Ling-A Jingle
Stan And Doug-I've Had A Very Merry Christmas
Randy Van Horne Singers-It Happened In Sun Valley
Mystery Orchestra And Chorus-Mystery Song
Luis Bordón-White Christmas
The Clancy Brothers-Jingle Bells (Buala Bas)
Keely Smith-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
The De Paur Chorus-Christmas In The Tropics
Vincent Lopez-Here Comes The Fattest Man In Town
The 4 Seasons-Jungle Bells
Jimmy McGriff-Hip Santa
Lorne Greene-Christmas Is A-Comin' (May God Bless You)

Zippyshare

Just a reminder, all of these are from my own vinyl copies, no CDs, no downloads, no nicking someone else's copy or hard work.  And this was also before I discovered the excellent ClickRepair which I think has made a huge improvement in the quality of my shares.  So buyer beware!

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff.

    ClickRepair, I've found, really works. The only issue I have with it is that sometimes when you have a percussion-heavy track, it interprets the percussion as clicks and converts them into a weird snapping sound. To avoid this, run percussion-heavy tracks through it backwards, because then it "hears" those sounds as a whoosh not a bang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really appreciate these jewels, Ernie. And I WELCOME the "sounds of vinyl" any time. Puts me in mind of my own 78s as a kid. All best wishes to you and yours.

    !ggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks for this fantastic Blog! Could you please re-up these jewels?

    Thanks!
    Love from Berlin / Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, just this once...

    https://mega.nz/file/kZlmQKbT#DnmA3zt-hmh0JTJg-kTC7djYB2gvc10XnKDpbaqdXJM
    https://mega.nz/file/9FlUjYjJ#ymLujs3Zag0ycUq2SMCcg9K2rDndxHCMw233yICXX4Q
    https://mega.nz/file/9BliQIRa#yiv1Bzh3AsMohl3b1pluFVhspkzUVc6b_yfbx_-Antk

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...