Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Sweat Equity

I know you've been waiting patiently all day for something new, so here it is.  A little 10" record featuring the chimes of the Equity Building somewhere in Iowa!  I found this record a month or so ago and got really excited because I realized I already had another one like it, and you know how I love completing sets!  There is a bit of overlap between the two records, and I didn't do an A/B test to see if they are the exact same recording of those repeated songs.  But give it a chance, I think you'll like it.  This is The Equitable Chimes Play Christmas Carols (Equitable Of Iowa 10" 33 RPM CTV-121481/2 (Label shows title as The Equitable Chimes Play Ten Of The World's Best Loved Christmas Carols), Mono).  This one seems to have a side with more secular songs and one with ye olde carols.

1. Silent Night
2. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
3. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
4. Away In A Manger
5. O Come All Ye Faithful
6. White Christmas
7. Winter Wonderland
8. Jingle Bells
9. I'll Be Home For Christmas
10. We Wish You A Merry Christmas

Zippyshare
While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and reshare the old record as well.  Only I went back and found the WAV files still on my computer from all those years ago and re-encoded them at a higher bitrate.  This way it matches the one above.  I know you want to hear those pretty chimes in maximum fidelity!  You're welcome.  This is The Equitable Chimes-The Equitable Chimes Play Ten Of The World's Best Loved Christmas Carols (Equitable Life Insurance Company Of Iowa 10" 33 RPM CTV-84282/84283, Mono).  The catalog numbers of these two records aren't even close, so I can't really tell you which one came first...

1. O Holy Night
2. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
3. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
4. The First Noel
5. Joy To The World
6. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
7. Away In A Manger
8. O Come All Ye Faithful
9. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
10. Silent Night

Zippyshare

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie. I'm sure I've mentioned before how much I cherish and enjoy the original Warner Bros records from the late '50s/early '60s, and that is certainly true of their Christmas records as well. You have been kind enough to offer several of those impossible-to-find jewels here, and I want to be sure to say a very big thanks to you for that and all the other fantastic holiday tunes. As I get to be really old, I find great pleasure in discovering unknown arrangements of standards by never-famous groups at Christmas. In the case of WB, they found vinyl space for the best of reasons: the gang in the office loved 'em. All good wishes to you, Sir...

    !ggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. New links for 2018:

    https://mega.nz/#!BUtWlaTL!dIEmk5mCXvjDAdGS4eWZ5_UZAe3gf2h4Pj4bE_ndwf8

    and

    https://mega.nz/#!Zc90hITJ!hu_AJnJ9nFwcPfTDmR60L-HhjLgjOkCZY0oBdgu_8Rk

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...