Sunday, December 11, 2016

Going Again

I've been meaning to get more remastered albums up this year, but I really haven't been budgeting my time very well.  I've re-recorded dozens of albums that I'd love to reshare with you, but it's hard to get to those amidst the new stuff I want to work on as well.  But this was one of the ones that I couldn't let pass.  I first shared this in 2007, and it's really a blog favorite.  One of the few classics of sunshine pop and Christmas, there's something on here for just about everyone.  Or at least people who appreciate the era.  And yeah, they're a pop group put together for Ford, but that doesn't make them any less good than, say, The Monkees.  So give a listen to the remastered The Going Thing-Christmas 1968 With The Going Thing (Private Pressing for Ford XCSV-141473, One-sided, Stereo, 1968).  The cover looks a little nicer this time, too.  I actually found a new copy at some point in the past few years, so now I have two! :)

1. Introduction by John Naughton
2. The Christmas Song
3. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
4. My Christmas Tree
5. Silent Night
6. The Christmas Waltz

Zippyshare

10 comments:

  1. Great unknown easy listening middle '60.
    Now your remasters are near perfect.
    Go to work at SONY or UMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these guys and gals!

    Thanks especially for the scan of the blank back label. Such dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone will ask about it... I was just happy I didn't have to straighten it out. :)

    I found another album from these folks, but it was in such bad shape I didn't get it. And you know it's rough if I won't take a chance on it. It wasn't Christmas, but it's got to be rare. I'm keeping my eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have that other LP (or this one, for that matter), but I think I have a transfer of the non-holiday album somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one! Thanks for re-visiting this, it's one of my favorite of your finds.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Thanks Ernie for another corporate promotion by the fine folks at Ford!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fresh new link for 2018!

    https://mega.nz/#!cRkkjKoQ!DbYhkXyz0aOA_itXKXx7mPD7TY9KZK6eOYR0FtZLTYU

    ReplyDelete
  8. After listening to High Spirits, Past And Present you've just shared, this one here is definitely the really good one...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this one is a professional recording with pro performers. The other one is just church singers. Hard to compare. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...