Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Zumba Zum

I don't think I spend enough time here on the blog with foreign (non-USA) Christmas music.  For one thing, it's not very common here in the US, and when I do find some, it's often hard to get into and I loose interest in it quickly. But when I found this record of Christmas music from Spain and shared it out back in 2008, I was pleasantly surprised.  There's very little here in the way of recognizable Christmas songs, but I really enjoyed it and listened to it often.  If that sounds like something you'd like to try, please be my guest and download The Madrid Concert Orchestra And Chorus-Victorino Echevarria, Arranger-Conductor-Christmas In Spain (United Artists UAS 6059, Stereo, 1959).

1. Zumba Zum
2. Long Live St Joseph And The Child (Viva San Jose Y El Nino)
3. Sleep Little Jesus (Dorm Jesuset)
4. Where Are You Going Little Shepherd? (Adonde Vas, Pastorcito?)
5. Tan-Tan
6. Sing Little Ones (Chicetes, Cantem)
7. And There Is A Star (Y Es Una Estrella)
8. To Bethlehem (A Betlem, Si Us Plau)
9. Between The Straw And The Ice (Entre La Paja Y El Hielo)
10. From Egypt To Bethlehem (De Egipto Para Belene)
11. The Child Came Down From Heaven (El Nino Bajo Del Cielo)
12. Lotan-Dago
13. The Tambourines Are Playing (Suenen Las Panderetas)
14. Bolo, Bolo, Bolo

Zippyshare

2 comments:

  1. As I listened, I realized that I must have downloaded and deleted it once before. It didn't take long to remember why I had moved on...

    Anyway, I am sure there is someone out there who will love this one! Thanks so much for spinning up my Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm game to try it. I love unfamilia foreign Christmas music. Though I can't understand what's being sung, I usually still love the melodies. Any foreign offerings will be gobbled up for sure. Thanks for this one.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...