Monday, December 31, 2018

Guitar Hero

There was a time when I really wanted this album.  I just couldn't find it.  I saw it on the back of numerous other Dot albums, but it never seemed to turn up in the places I scrounged for my vinyl.  I finally came up with a copy some time during 2015, ripped it, and didn't really like it.  I kinda set it aside and forgot about it until today when I needed something to share.  So here it is, but don't get your hopes up.  It's good enough, but not great.  I don't know what it is about that doesn't leave me wanting more.  Maybe I expected more guitar, but that's just her name, not a feature of the music.  When I went to find a copy to scan recently, I came up with five copies.  It seems like when you can't find something, they don't exist.  But once you break that jinx, they turn up in all sorts of places. This is Bonnie Guitar-Arranged And Conducted By Cliff Parman-Merry Christmas From Bonnie Guitar (Dot DLP 25746, Stereo, 1966). How many more days of Christmas are there?  I'm running out of material fast...

1. I'll Be Missing You (Under The Mistletoe)
2. Deck The Halls
3. Blue Christmas
4. Silent Night
5. Silver Bells
6. White Christmas
7. Little Jesus Loves Me
8. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
9. Christmas Time Is Here
10. Joy To The World
11. Last Christmas
12. O Holy Night

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. A few weeks ago when I was browsing through a skimpy Christmas section of used vinyl, I thought to myself, "It would be cool if I found Bonnie Guitar." Literally seconds later I found two copies in that bin. Bought 'em both. Didn't pay much attention, apparently. Both were mono and one didn't even have the right record in the sleeve.

    So thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love Last Christmas and I'll Be Missing You (Under The Mistletoe). Her voice is wonderful. I downloaded this album several years ago and it seems these are the only two I really like. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that Bonnie passed away a few days ago... I'm a huge country music fan...and thought at times she could put Jerry Reed to shame with her guitar picking skills...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...