Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Stereo Redux-The Wright Stuff

I promised you back in 2010 that I would eventually bring you a stereo version of this organ & chime LP, and here it is. I know that the organ and chime stuff isn't too popular out there in internet-land, but I think that it adds a certain nice flavor to those Christmas mixes, especially when you load up a bunch of random stuff and hit play.  I've got about 6000 tracks on my iPod right now, all stuff I've ripped from vinyl & shellac the past couple of years, and it's nice to switch from a jaunty carol to a more reverent organ version, then to a nice orchestral tune, and then maybe some kiddie music.  Too many of these in a row and I hit the random button again, but once in a while is nice.  So download this and mix it in with your more normal stuff, I think you'll find yourself liking it more than you might expect.  This is Dr. Norman S. Wright & Dr. Charles S. Kendall-Christmas Encore (Dot DLP 25660, Stereo, 1965).  Let the bells ring out for Christmas, as I heard somebody say somewhere...

1. O Come, All Ye Faithful
2. Gentle Mary Laid Her Child
3. All My Heart This Night Rejoices
4. Christians, Awake
5. Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne
6. In The Bleak Mid-Winter
7. I Know Not How That Bethlehem's Babe
8. We Would See Jesus
9. Light Of The World, We Hail Thee
10. The Shepherds Had An Angel
11. Brightest And Best Of Our Sons
12. Winter Wonderland
13. The Little Drummer Boy
14. I Wonder, As I Wander
15. Sweet Little Jesus Boy
16. Carol Of The Bells
17. Go Tell It On The Mountain
18. Silver Bells
19. White Christmas

MediaFire
Torrent

6 comments:

  1. I love the organ and chime stuff - keep it coming!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the organ and bells, and all of the instrumentals for that matter. Makes me feel like I am at church.

    Thank you very much for all of your hard work. The stuff on the radio drives me nuts and I am so happy I found this place a few years back. It's turned into an addiction now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Ernie:)
    Your rationale about random listening 'rings' true, and we can't argue with your generosity!!

    Appreciating these improved treasures you are re-upping this year too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a lot of "organ and chime stuff", but there are at least 8 titles on this record that I don't even know, so gotta have it! And you have to grudgingly admire the art department at Dot Records. Dot is probably the only major label of the 1950s and 1960s that took such exacting care to make all their LP covers look like cheap budget LPs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one from my collection that was sold without my permission; thanks, Ernie! And I'm with the posters here; each year I do a compilation for friends, and with all the organ and chime stuff I've gotten from you I am considering doing nothing but a collection of O&C one year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ernie for this very nice organ and chimes album, very enjoyable.

    I grew up singing in choirs with large Anglican Church organs but I'm not familiar with many of the hymns here. Perhaps they are mainly Presbyterian?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...