Sunday, December 02, 2012

Singles Sunday #11-Some Banjo!

Really, who doesn't love a good banjo medley, and here's a couple with a Christmas theme. I think The Banjo Barons were nothing more than a studio creation, and I don't know much more than what you see here on the labels. 'Conducted By Marty Manning' might be your biggest clue as to who's performing here, though that credit only appears on the A side.  Why it's not on the B side, which sounds identical to the A side is anyone's guess, though a lack of space may be as good an explanation as any.  I see where I've shared an edited version probably culled from side A of this single before, pulled from a Columbia Special Products record issued in 1964, three years after this record came out.  Anyhow, I don't know anything other than that there's some happy banjo music on this record.  I'm sure you'll enjoy listening to The Banjo Barons-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer; Jolly Old St. Nicholas; Jingle Bells b/w I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus; Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas; Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town (Columbia 7" 45 RPM 4-42244 (Radio Station Copy), Mono, 1961). Thank goodness for radio station promo copies, or stuff like this might never have survived!

MediaFire
Torrent

2 comments:

  1. Very enjoyable.

    Thank you! (Had to change the name as it was too long for any player to open; mentioning in case any one else has trouble.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI - I am the person who does not enjoy banjo medleys.

    Not that I don't appreciate your posting this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...