Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Late At Night

What have I got for you today? Well, how about this release from Snuff Garrett, a svengali of the late sixties and early seventies who had his hands in all sorts of pies.  This time, that pie just happened Christmas music.  There's a small series of these "...For Young Lovers" records, but this is the only one that's ever interested me enough to buy it.  If this looks like the sort of thing that might appeal to you, please be my guest and download Midnight String Quartet-Christmas Rhapsodies For Young Lovers (Viva V36010, Stereo, 1967).

 1. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
2. Silent Night
3. White Christmas
4. The Little Drummer Boy
5. Oh Holy Night
6. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)
7. Sleigh Ride
8. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
9. Blue Christmas
10. First Noel
11. Winter Wonderland
12. Christmas Rhapsody

MediaFire
Torrent

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Ernie, I've always wanted to hear this one. Perfect for cozying up by the fire with the wife. Also, great job on the scans as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it me, or is the caricature of Snuff Garrett creepy? (Clarification: I am not asking if I am creepy.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much Ernie - I have been wanting to find this to replace the cassette that broke on me. I'm thrilled to have it again, as it's indeed intimate, and definitely a beautiful, clear scan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ernie, I think your jpg files might be corrupted. All but the ones labeled "folder" were unreadable in any program, and my Bitdefender security program said they could be deleted. I found no way to open them or delete them, though my computer says they are there.

    The rest was fine. This is the first problem I've had. Perhaps it was Rapidshare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant MediaFire. Sorry.

    Also, I should again say "Thanks Ernie!" for all you do to make Christmas merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anybody else having an issue with the picture files in this download? If you're the only one, I'd say it's a download problem. I don't see any issues with the files on my end...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you.
    His lounge albums are usually nice to listen to.
    I look forward to hearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ernie, I did try multiple downloads to see if the issue with the jpg files was a one-time fluke. Sadly, I got the same result every time, although I've had no problems with anything else you've shared. Weird.

    But again, thanks for all you do for us at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...