Sunday, December 02, 2012

Singles Sunday #12-More Medleys

I know you're just itching to hear more medleys of great Christmas music performed in some odd style that's not exactly hip, so here you go! This time it's honky-tonk ragtime piano, straight from the home of such things, Germany. OK, I don't know what I just wrote, but here are a couple of great Christmas medleys performed by the original Crazy Otto, not the US version, Johnny Maddox.  I'm not really clear on the difference, but such things tend to happen once in a while.  The world isn't as large as it once was, and stealing someone else's name isn't as easy as it used to be.  So, if this isn't at all confusing to you, this is the music for you.  Please be my guest and download Crazy Otto and His Honky-Tonk Piano-Medley: Sleigh Ride; Winter Wonderland; White Christmas b/w Medley: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer; I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus; Jingle Bells (Decca (Canada) 7" 45 RPM 9-31185, Mono).  Was this released in the US?  And if so, when?  I couldn't find a date for it.

MediaFire
Torrent

2 comments:

  1. It was...this is another one I found last year and am perusing putting on this year's mix. (I'm not sure if my friends and family enjoy ragtime piano quite as much as I do.) It's got a Decca striped label, cat #9-31185, and appears to have been released in 1960.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know there were two Cazy Ottos! One would have been more than enough, I think. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...