Friday, December 07, 2012

Westminster One

Longtime fans of the blog will remember that I'm a big fan of the old Westminster label, among many, many others. This year I've been lucky enough to find several records from that label that I haven't had before, and I'm gonna try to share them with you tonight. Well, that's sort of a misnomer, since I didn't just find this one this year, I actually found and recorded it last year, but I'm finding time to share it this year.  As you can tell from the cover, this is music played on handbells, that instrument made famous most recently in a commercial for Hershey's Kisses that I don't recall seeing this year, but maybe I've just missed it.  Anyhow, you'll know it when you hear it.  This is The Cathedral Bellringers Of The Cathedral Of St. Philip, Atlanta, Georgia-The Rev. Canon Frederick L. Eckel, Founder And Director-Cathedral Bellringers (Westminster WP 6059, Mono, 1958).

1. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen; The Birthday Of A King
2. Jingle Bells
3. What Child Is This?; Good King Wenceslas
4. O Little Town Of Bethlehem; Silent Night
5. O Come Emmanuel; Once In Royal David's City; Gloria In Excelsis Deo
6. Away In A Manger; O Tannenbaum
7. I Know That My Redeemer Liveth; Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring; Joy To The World
8. The Holly Bears The Berry; Alleluia
9. Deck The Hall; Love And Joy (Wassail Song)
10. O Come All Ye Faithful; Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; We Three Kings Of Orient Are
11. Sheep May Safely Graze
12. The Bell's Of St Mary's; Drink To Me Only With Thine Eyes; America; Auld Lang Syne

MediaFire
Torrent

Stay tuned...More to come.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more on these Westminster releases; all are wonderful, and thanks so much for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handbells have become very popular in American churches, so you might find a lot of interest in this classic.

    Thanks for all the great music you share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hand bell music. Thank you, Ernie. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...