Monday, December 03, 2012

Re-Nash


This evening's remaster comes from those heady days of 2008, back when gas was only $.25 a gallon and chocolate bars were a nickel. OK, maybe not, but close.  This was always a fairly popular share, and the sound was already pretty good, but I think it's better this time around.  So if you'd like to give it another listen, please download Johnny Nash-Prince Of Peace (JAD JS/1001, Stereo, 1969).

1. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. Prince Of Peace
3. Away In A Manger
4. Mary's Little Boy Child
5. The Borning Day
6. The Christmas Song
7. Sweet Little Jesus Boy
8. Medley: Silent Night-Oh Holy Night
9. Go Tell It On The Mountain

MediaFire
Torrent

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Ernie, this one is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well, I'm sure this will be great too but when I saw your post title I thought you may have discovered a long lost unknown Nash the Slash Christmas album. ;-) Now that would be truly awesome! :-) Thanks man.

    TBC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Ernie; I have no idea why a certain album came to mind, but I was wondering if you had the 3 Stooges Christmas album/ep? It's truly wretched, but there were a few salvagable songs on there. If so, that would be an interesting post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just listening to Johnny Nash in my MediaMonkey playlist when I saw the remaster. I had been wondering if you would re-release it, but to remaster...wow, thanks! I think this is one of the most unique, intriguing, and memorable Christmas albums to yet be unreleased on CD. Thanks for sharing, Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had not listened to this despite visiting this place for years. When you talked of Torrents vs. Mediafire in late November, I decided to try it then, and I'm glad I did. This will be played again later today! Thanks Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks,
    I like track 7 the best, "Sweet Little Jesus Boy". To tell you the truth it sounds like Johny was warming up with the successive tracks.
    Very cool album.
    Thank you again.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the share Ernie. Most folks don't know of Johnny Nash's fascinating musical history-back in the early 60s he sang the theme song for the cartoon "Mighty Hercules", and later in that same decade his record label JAD was the first home for not only The Cowsills, but also Bob Marley and Peter Tosh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this! It is just a lovely listen!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...